Sunday 8 July 2018

A Day at Wimbledon | July 2018 ♡


So I had the amazing opportunity this year to attend Wimbledon. Its always been a dream of mine to go and I jumped at the chance. Bruce is a huge Tennis fan and Im very lucky that I now have family who work at Wimbledon and got the chance to see everything that goes on. Going into Wimbledon at first, it quite honestly took my breath away. The place is sheer perfection, like Disney, every detail is thought of. The flowers that lined the buildings and courts were stunning and the staff were the nicest people, the first person I met at the gate who searched my bag said 'I love your dress, hope you have the loveliest day,'. That made my day! The sun was shining down which was a bonus. I do apologise in advance for the lack of photos, I spent most of my time just taking it all in.


We hit up the Pimms hut first, placed on Murray's Mound. Although expensive I wanted to have a pimms as I feel thats such a Wimbledon thing to do. Ended up have several as they were soooo good! Isn't the flower wall stunning!

Then it was off to Centre Court, I felt like such an important person! The first game we saw was Muguruza who is unfortunately now out but what a game. The second of the day, I couldn't believe my luck, was Nadal. What an experience that was. The game was really exciting, Nadal literally owned it. I secretly spent a lot of my time trying to work out who was in the royal box, Im still not sure who was there unfortunately. I did spot Cliff Richard sitting just next to the box, looked like he was loving life. Centre Court is massive and the atmosphere in there is electric, I can't begin to imagine what its like to be at the finals, thats my next aim. So happy I got to see Nadal, he's a dream.


For the rest of the day we cruised around looking at the Wimbledon store, getting some food (theres loads of choice) and meeting some friends and family who work at Wimbledon. Whilst chilling with a Pimms on the hill we saw on the big screen that resale tickets were being sold for some of the courts and we managed to bag ourselves two tickets to the Sharapova against Diatchcenko game.  We sat in the sun for the rest of the evening watching what turned into a brilliant game. Diatchcenko was playing so well but I really thought Sharapova would sail through so when she lost we were shocked! It was a great game to see.






As the sun set over Wimbledon I can't tell you how sad I was to leave. What a place and what an experience. Wimbledon is like a little world, a little bubble that everyone needs to experience. Bruce and I spent the rest of the night up in Wimbledon Village which is full of shops, bars, cafe's and  takeaways and is another place that is lovely to spend a day just wandering. 
If you ever get the opportunity to go don't even hesitate before you answer yes, its such a great day. I so hope I can return soon and spend a few days there rather than just one, theres so much to see. 

Hope your having a lovely day, 
Amy






Head over to my Instagram for more photos:  amy_taylor94



SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Great post - this looks like sooooo much fun! Tennis is not really a thing around here, but I think it is cool to watch :) Thanks for sharing!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - I have always loved tennis and Wimbledon, it sounds perfect - not sure I will ever be able to afford it so this was a great post! And Pimms, be still my heart! Love that stuff - thanks for sharing your day with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read :). It is a wonderful place. The first week is a lot cheaper to go than the second if you ever get the opportunity. Ooh yeah, can beat a Pimms xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, sounds like you had such a fabulous time. I’ve never known much about Wimbledon, didn’t realise it was so big with so much to do. Glad you had a good time and I hope you get the chance to go again!xx

    angelwingsandpetticoats.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is some place! Thank you so much for reading this post x

      Delete
  4. This looks gorgeous! Seems like a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was a fantastic day, thank you for reading x

      Delete
  5. You indeed had a magnificent day, Amy! The place seems like a must visit and I can only imagine your excitement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you have to do it one day if you can, its such an amazing experience. Im already planning next year! Thank you for reading x

      Delete

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig