Thursday 20 September 2018

Wilde About The Girl | September 2018 ♡


Includes Spoilers.

Wilde About The Girl is the second novel from Louise Pentland, following on from her number one bestseller Wilde Like Me. I so enjoyed the first novel and finished within a couple of days. It was hilariously funny yet so true to life. The book was based on Robin Wilde, a single mum trying to find her feet in life juggling an 8 year old daughter and a job she has always dreamed of in the makeup industry. Robin also wants to find love which results in a disaterous relationship which taints her idea of finding true love. I really loved the character of Robin and got so attached.  I was over the moon when Louise announced the second book and couldnt wait to hear how Robin's story panned out.

This second book is still as hilariously funny but with so many more heart warming and heart wrenching momnents. The lovely Edward, who Robin met at the end of the first book, is still on the scene, thank goodness. She is still succeeding at her job where they have bagged a huge job at London Fashion Week and Lyla is still surviving in her new school, life seems to be going swimmingly for the Wilde girls.
However things all seem to come crashing down for Robin when a major error threatens her job. Robin then discovers she has fallen pregnant which she struggles to handle, especially when her best friend Lacey has been trying with no success for so long.



Just as Robin comes round to the idea of the new baby and the new direction her life has taken she is struck down again when she miscarries. Louise talks about the subject beautifully, she touches on not only how Robin is feeling in this situation but how it affects Edward and how important it is to have others around you when life takes such a heartbreaking turn.

The story is gripping and once again I fell for so many of the characters, enjoying seeing how all of their lives have developed.  I cried for Robin and Lacey, laughed at Lyla and cheered for Cath. I love the friendship group that Robin has developed over the books and of course even I have fallen head over heels for Edward, what a dream he is.

 If you havnt read the Robin Wilde novels I would say you really have too. They are such funny, lovely relatable books to enjoy and Louise in my oppinion is a brilliant writer.
Thank you Louise for bringing these characters to life and letting us enjoy their journeys. Im so looking forward to future books from you, wether they are Wilde books or new stories.

Hope your having a lovely day,
Amy x



SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Loved this so much!! I just finished Wilde about the girl and I loved it!! Great post xx kthetop14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for reading my post and Im so glad you enjoyed the books too! x

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a book I'd like. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy nice review, I'm always looking for new books to read sounds like something to pick up :)

    https://justnatonya.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Yeah I love them, really nice quick reads x

      Delete
  4. This book series sounds awesome! I love your blog and I can't wait to read more :)

    - CB
    carsonbohdi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my blog, I really appreciate it. Cant wait to pop over to yours x

      Delete

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig