Tuesday 16 August 2016

Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival | August 2016 ♡

Belladrum is over for another year. Im so sad its over already but once again it was my favourite weekend of the year. This is my third year at the festival and this year was just magical.

As usual the festival was packed full of music, fun and food for all ages. I saw some amazing artists including Gavin James, Lucy Spraggan, Sinderins, The Dangleberries, Circa Waves, Tweed, Madness, Two Door Cinema Club,  Fatherson and my absolute favourite of the whole weekend, The Darkness. What a show all of the acts put on but the Darkness just blew my mind. I have been a fan for years and have now finally seen them live. Justin is just hilarious! All the stages were jam packed with acts and I wish I could have seen so many more.

Belladrum is a great festival for kids to go to and we went with friends this year that have two lovely kiddies under 10. They had an absolute blast. One of the highlights of the weekend for me was taking them to Mr Boom, who was a childhood favourite of mine. I think I teared up with excitement when he came onstage! There is a huge children's section at the festival with entertainment, rides, shows and activities to keep them busy all weekend. Its fantastic. There were loads of funfair rides at the festival this year which made me soooooo happy! I went on the Ferris Wheel, The Carousel, The Swing Boats and for the first time ever, a Helter Skelter. Amazing.

The food and drinks,  as per, was just too much to choose from! I had chips and cheese two days running and then on saturday night from the campsite I had a freshly made pizza. It was incredible! There is something for everyone to eat at Bella. The standard fish and chips, burgers, hot dogs. There is a garlic bread tent (yeah, I know!) there was mexican food, indian food, pasta and even a pop up Coop for all the supplies you could need. Coffees, teas and hot chocolates are available and of course, theres the beer tent. I got beer tokens on the first day and used them over the weekend to drink Sommersby Cider, which I discovered at the festival last year and love it. You can get lots of drinks such as beer, cider, wines and sprits but you do need bar tokens.

When it comes to camping at the festival, I go glamping! For the weekend we usually hire a Belle Tent which sleeps 6 and is in the same section as the Tipis. We get showers, charging stations and a tent to dry and style hair our hair and do makeup. Its just too much fun to not do. You can also standard camp, camper van and caravan it, or pay a bittie extra for a pre put up tent village. There is also yurts and squirts which are really cool wee huts. So much choice when it comes to how you stay at the festival.

Tickets for next year go on sale on September 27th. Im so hoping I can be there next year too.


Heres a few of my photos from my weekend at Bella, hope you all have a lovely day!

















Amy x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig