Wednesday 13 September 2017

Current (Late August) Favourites | September 2017 ♡



Today I thought I would share a few bits and pieces Ive been loving over the past month or so. Its a random wee collection of things but I hope you see something that you might like yourself. 

The One We Fell In Love With by Paige Toon is one of the best books that I have read in  a whiley. Its the story of triplets Phoebe, Rose and Eliza and the boy who moves in next door, Angus. Each of the sisters had a certain relationship with Angus and its so intriguing to see how it develops and the difference you begin to see between these identical sisters. Now, it took me quite a while to get into this book. Its written from three different perspectives, the triplets, and I found it confusing at the beginning.  However a couple of chapters into the book their is a huge 'event' that you don't see coming and it had me hooked. I felt for the characters and was totally engrossed in the story. 



Rock n Roll Bride has become my new favourite thing this past month. Rock n Roll Bride is a wedding blog and bi-monthly magazine all about alternative and amazingly creative weddings. 
This months cover girl is one of my favourite human beings Helen Anderson and I was beyond happy when it arrived in the post. In this months magazine along with beautiful photos from Helens wedding there are several alternative, quirky and stunning weddings featured. I would suggest if your getting married or if a friend or family member is then pick up a copy or visit the blog for ideas and inspiration. 

As you'll probably know by now I'm a huge fan of literally everything Zoe Sugg brings out. I love her Zoella Beauty line and the other day whilst surfing around Superdrug, I noticed that some of her Christmas range had appeared online.  I managed to control myself and only picked up one or two items with the intention of buying more closer to Christmas. Of course, I picked up the Snow'ella Body Mist which can I just tell you smells absolutely gorgeous. I say it with every body mist she brings out that its better than the last and I'm saying it again! Its totally different to last Christmas when she brought out the Gingerbead collection. Snowella is a very fresh, crisp and mature scent compared to the others. Its got hints of mint and cranberry with a florally scent thrown in too, its got everything! 



These slippers are just the dream. I picked them up for only £6 in Primark and I have lived in them ever since. They are so easy for just slipping on, they are so cosy and soft and are they not just so cute. We are getting to the time of year where all the cosy slippers, jumpers and blankets are coming in to shops and I absolutely looooooove it.

I picked up a couple of nail polishes from Rimmel this month as I've been totally converted to trying new nail polish brands. Im a Barry M snob but have really been enjoying the Rimmel 60 Second Super Shine polishes and the ones from the Rita Ora Collection. The ones I have reached for most are  Hot Metal Love which is a metallic lilac shade and Silver Bullet which is a subtle metallic silver. They don't stay on longer than 2 or 3 days but I find them so handy if I forget to or have to paint my nails last minute. There are also soooooo many shades to choose from!



I have fallen back in love with proper foundation these past few weeks. I got so used to wearing a tinted moisturiser and was getting pretty lazy with my makeup.  Whilst having a clear out I stumbled across a couple of foundations I had purchased ages ago when I was looking for something new and then stored away without giving it a proper chance. The Rimmel Wake Me Up Anti Fatigue Foundation is my new go to and I have been wearing it everyday since finding it. It brightens your skin nicely and gives you  a lovely even base to work on. Its light and not tacky with the ability to be buildable on your skin for a heavier coverage. Love!

The Loreal True Match Powder Illuminator in Icy Glow has been my go to highlighter recently. I wanted to mention it because you can use each shade individually or you can mix the three together and it gives you a beautiful glow that I love for everyday wear. 

Finally, I know this album has been out for a while and I have had it since it was released, but I cant get enough of it. Harry Styles debut album is one of the best albums released this year in my opinion. Every song on it is brilliant but my favourite is still Sweet Creature. His voice is so calming and very powerful in many of the songs. Get over the fact Harry was in One Direction, this album is a breath of fresh air. My dad even loves it and we have it in the car! So glad I got tickets to see him next year when he comes to Glasgow. This album will be amazing live.



Thank you for taking the time to read, if you have made it this far through my rambles! Make sure you let me know your favourites of the month or if you have been enjoying some of these things too. 

Love Amy x




Previous Post;








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig