Friday 19 January 2018

My Birthday at Disneyland | January 2018 ♡



When we booked to go to Paris over New Year, I knew exactley what it was I wanted to do for my Birthday on New Years Day... Disneyland!! My whole life I have been a huge Disney fan and I really wanted to take Bruce to the park to show him just how magical it is!
We got up so early on the 1st and had a 40 minute train journey out to Disneyland. We arrived just after it opened and were literally buzzing as we walked up towards the park. Once we were in, walking up the Main Street towards the castle was one of the best feelings Ive ever had. I was literally the happiest person in the world at that point and was trying to not get too emotional. The castle was stunning and it was still quiet when we arrived so we got to just stand and take it all in. I couldnt quite believe we were there. The first thing I did was purchase some Minnie Ears. Its a necessity when you go to Disneyland, I got the gorgeous purple ones celebrating Disneyland 25.



We decided to stay in Fantasyland to start and move around throughout the day. We did the Carousel first, then the Mad Hatters Teacups, The Voyage of Pinocchio and whilst it had no queue we did Peter Pans Flight which was awesome. A wee flashback to when I was 5, I went to Disneyland with my mum & dad and dragged them several times a day on the Its a Small World Ride. I had forgotten this until we were wandering and I heard the music playing, all these memories came flooding back. The ride hasnt changed a bit and I felt 5 years old again. We walked round to Discovery World which had one of my favourite rides of the day; Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain and did that twice in a row. What a ride it is, my inner Star Wars geek really came out at the parks.



After a wee pit stop for coffee and a serious amount of pastries we headed over to Frontierland which was Bruces highlight of the day. This land is all Wild West themed and you really feel like your walking about in an old cowboy movie, complete with Saloon Bars. This is where Big Thunder Mountain is quality, I was actually a bit scared but its such an awesome roller coaster. We did some of the shooting galleries and had a really nice time wandering through this land.
 Adventureland is next door to Frontierland and this is where we found the hidden gem of the day. Whilst having a wee look about we stumbled across Indiana Jones Temple of Peril which we didnt realise was a rollercoaster. It had a waiting time of 5 minutes so we just wandered in. Turns out this was our favourite ride of the day. We rode it four more times as we loved it so much and there was no queue at any point of the day. I highly recommend this one if you visit the park.



We had a One Day - Two Park ticket so after we had been round once we went over to Walt Disney Studios Park. Here is where the amazing Rockin Rollercoaster is and thats what we headed straight for.  I have done it whilst in Florida years ago and was so excited to take Bruce on it. We did it twice in a row as there was no queue. The heavens had absolutley opened by this point and we were soaked to the skin but it didnt stop us! We then had some lunch which was so tasty, I got a veggie burger and mickey mouse cakes which is the lunch of champs! After lunch, which probably wasn't the best plan, we did the Tower of Terror which is one of the scariest ones in my opinion but such a thrill ride! We didn't stay in this park for very long as we wanted to get back to the other park for the Parade.


The Parade was magical. We got a position right infront of the castle and I smiled from ear to ear throughout the whole thing. All the princesses, the classic characters, the pixar favourites they were all there and I havnt stopped humming the parade song since. When we knew the parade was coming to an end we made a mad dash to Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain as we knew it would be quieter during the parade. We rode it twice more! I absolutley love that ride. We then went on the Star Wars; The Adventure Continues simulator ride which I enjoyed so much, It felt like we were right in the middle of all the action.




By late afternoon we decided to get a fast pass for Buzz Lightyear and whilst waiting, go round and do any of the rides we wanted to again. We were desperate to do Thunder Mountain but the queue was 50 minutes all evening. We did Indiana Jones a couple of more times in a row, still my favourite, and Star Wars again for good luck. It was at this point that we stumbleld upon the Haunted Mansion and went on it, its super cool, really spooky and I remember it from my childhood so well. What a view you get when your queuing for this ride, you can see the whole of the park. Then we used our fast passes on Buzz Lightyear but it kept breaking down. I really hope to go back one day to do it again properly.


To finish off the day we had some dinner at Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost. It was so good, we each got a pizza, some garlic bread and an ice cream. Also enjoyed a beer with our meal which was very much needed. I really wanted to take home something from Disneyland Paris so we popped into the Emporium on Main Street before the closing fireworks. Marie is my favourite character so I picked up a cuddly toy of her, a pin badge to add to my old collection and a couple of lovely postcards. 

The closing fireworks show were the best way I could ever have finished off my birthday. The castle was lit up with projections of disney films and music from them all including The Lion King, Frozen, The Little Mermaid which played through the park. They even made it snow and the Fireworks were absolutely breathtaking. I kept thinking to myself that Im in the most magical place on earth, on my birthday, with my favourite person in the world, how can anyone get so lucky?!

Thank you Disneyland Paris for the most wonderful Birthday ever. I really cant wait to return and Im already planning when. If your thinking about going to Disneyland Paris or any of the Disney Parks around the world, just do it. You will have no regrets and will have the time of your life. 

Thank you for reading, 
Amy x





Book to visit Disneyland Paris this year:


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig