Wednesday 4 February 2015

January Favourites| 2015

January is my birthday month, so Ive been treated to lots of special bits and pieces, Lucky Lady that I am! Heres a few of the things I have been loving this month.

Firstly I have was lucky enough on my birthday to recieve an Armani Jeans makeup bag. Its absolutley beautiful. Its one of those things that I almost don't want to use incase it gets any marks or damage to it.

The makeup bag is faux leather in a cracking fuschia pink with silver studs along the top of the bag. The Armani Jeans logo across the front is the same colour as the bag. The inside is a darker shade of pink and has a surprising amount of space for what looks like a small bag. It is yet to leave my bedroom, even though I have been using it, but It will become my new makeup bag as Im totally obsessed with it! As it was a present I dont want to look at the prices and things for it, Im sure it can be found on the official Armani website.

My next favourite is Rimmels BB cream in the light shade with a matte finish. Until this month I have religiously been using Clinique for my foundation as I prefer a much fuller coverage.  Recently as Ive not had as much money to spend on myself I wanted to find a foundation that I can afford to replace. 

I decided to try a BB cream as they are lighter than foundations and after looking around Boots for far too long I settled for Rimmels version. I love wearing it and even though its only a BB cream it has a very nice coverage and gives you a nice healthy glow and only cost me £6.99.
Rimmel is a brand that I have really been enjoying lately, they re affordable and have some great products to try. Im currently also using their Wake Me Up Concealer and their Bronzer. 

To buy this product: Boots

Due to the snow being here at the moment my hands have been hating the cold! They have been super dry and my skin has just felt quite sore. In my handbag I have been carrying Soap & Glory's Hand Food.


Its been a lifesaver and really helped my hands to stay nicely moisturised and soft. As per usual the product smells amazing, the special ingredient being Marshmallow! My boyfriend treated me to a Soap & Glory gift set for my Christmas and even though im in love with every product, this is my favourite. I keep it close at hand and give my hands a wee treat every chance I get.

This month I have joined a book club, and It just so happens the first book we have decided to read is the one a put forward as a suggestion. Nothing beats getting stuck into a good book, I find it one of my favourite past times. I have been desperate to read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern since I heard Tanya Burr mention it in a favourite of hers ages ago.


Im not quite finished yet, not far to go. Its absolutely amazing. Its so magical and different to anything I have ever read before. Its about a circus that opens at sunset and closes again by sunrise that has much darker more mysterious things going on within it. Im so enjoying this book and can highly recommend it even though I'm not yet finished! 

To buy The Night Circus: Amazon £5.59


A little favourite of mine that I received for my birthday is this lovely plaque that sits on my bedside table. I got it from my boyfriend which makes it really special. The lyrics on it are from The Beatles classic All You Need Is Love, one of my all time favourite songs.


I love things like this being placed in my house. I have a few in my room with different lyrics and quotes and Ive also given a few to my boyfriend for his house as I love them so much. I find little things like this with either lyrics you love or inspirational quotes can really brighten your day when you read them. They make a plain wall or an empty desk or bedside table a much happier space. 
You can find things like this on amazon and websites that sell house decor and little bits and bobs.

Thank you for taking the time to read some of my favourite things from this month. I got spoilt for my birthday and could have shown you lots and lots of amazing things! Let me know what you have been enjoying this month.

Amy x













SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig