Tuesday 3 March 2015

What Ive Been Listening Too | February 2015

Another months past, loads more music has been discovered! This month Ive been really loving quite new music. There has been a good few newbies that have stormed the charts. Heres a wee lookie at whats been on repeat for me this month.

Since watching Pretty Little Liars Ive discovered Lucy Hale. She's a country artist and has had a few songs out in the past but recently she released her debut album The Road Between. Its such an awesome album and the song I've listened to most so far is the first single from it Lie a Little Better. The song is apparently about one of her fellow cast mates from Pretty Little Liars that she had a crush on which is obvious from the lyrics. I think when you listen to them you instantly go, 'Yep, Ive been there!'. The song itself is up tempo and sounds quite edgy, more country rock. Lucy has a really beautiful voice which is so suited for her kind of music. The backing vocals make the song sound more full and I love that. Its just so catchy, I don't know what else to say. Love it!
Lucy Hale - The Road Between Buy on iTunes.


Another song I've been loving this  month is the amazing FourFive Seconds by Rihanna, Kanye West and the man himself Paul McCartney. When I first heard that these three were doing a duet, I was sceptical, I mean, It is a weird combo. Im not a Kanye West fan in the slightest but he is really good on this track, he actually has a pretty good singing voice much to my surprise. Im a huge Beatles fan, Paul McCartney is so amazingly talented so pretty much anything he does I love. Rihanna really shows off her vocal talent in this track, I love the kind of huskiness to her voice. The song itself is really simple, Its an acoustic track with an organ coming in at the end. It so basic but is just so well written and has a bit of all the artists in it. Its been a huge hit right around the world and if you haven't heard it, get listening!
Rihanna, Paul McCartney & Kanye West - FourFive Seconds Buy on iTunes


You may have noticed that Im not a person for only loving just one kind of music, Im a listener of everything. The next track I've been loving is by the fairly new british band Royal Blood. They won a Brit Award last week for Best British Group. They are so good! Their song Ten Tonne Skeleton has been on repeat this month. This epic sound comes from just two guys, Mike Kerr and Ben Thatcher. The bass in this song is just awesome, the riff repeats throughout and engraves itself into your mind. The vocals are really strong and quite...angry, but they just make you want to rock out along with it. I can't wait to see Royal Blood this year, they are going to be supporting The Foo Fighters when I see them in June, I need to grab a copy of their album!
Royal Blood - Royal Blood Buy on iTunes



Kelly Clarkson is back! She's such an amazing lady in my eyes. I saw her a few years back and she blew my mind. Her new track Heartbeat Song is a catchy pop anthem as Kelly is best known for. The song however has a striking resemblance to Jimmy Eats World song The Middle, I don't know if its sampled or if its just a coincidence? I love how in this song the tempo and beat change for the verses and chorus. The verses are very simple pop sounding, lead mostly by a guitar and Kelly's vocals, then when the chorus kicks in its led by the drums and bass and Kelly goes to town with the vocals. Its so different, I just love it. I hope this is a sign her new album Piece by Piece is going to be just as good as her last which is now available on iTunes as of today.
Kelly Clarkson - Piece by Piece Buy on iTunes


A blast from the past this month has been listening to McFly's Greatest Hits album, Memory Lane. I've loved McFly since they first came out, seen them eight times I have! Whilst listening to them recently I rediscovered my love for this amazing song, The Heart Never Lies. Its one of McFly's more ballad songs off their 2007 album Radio:Active but builds up into an awesome rock anthem.  It starts with just  piano and Tom's vocals, and when the second verse kicks in thats where the drums, bass and guitar join with Danny's vocals. Both lads have incredible voices, especially Danny as he has a kind of husky rock voice which I adore. The song is very beautifully written lyrically, they are very touching words. As much as I love the McBusted phase right now, I do miss just the Mcfly boys on their own, hopefully they will do more music in the future thats back to them being them.



Thank you so much for reading, hope you have been listening to some cracking tunes this month. Let me know if there is anything you think I should give a listen too. Have a lovely day.

Amy x



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh McFly! I was such a fan girl when I was teen! Haha! I need to re-hash my albums and listen to them again but I love how they've joined forces with Busted! And yes! Kelly Clarkson's song Heartbeat Song! I love it so much!! Great post! :) xx

    Eunice Caroline | theberryway.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading :) I absolutely love McFly haha. Ive seen McBusted too and they are pretty darn good! Kelly is amazing, glad you like her new song too! xx

      Delete

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig