Tuesday 5 January 2016

Farewell 2015 | January 2016 ♡

Well, hello 2016. Where on earth did you suddenly appear from! I hope each of you brought in the New Year just the way you wanted too. I spent it celebrating with my friends and family and at 12 midnight I turned 22! I feel like I've officially hit the grown up stage!

Me at the Giants Causeway, October 2015

2015 was personally a very difficult year. Durning the last five months I saw my beautiful mum get diagnosed and sadly pass away from cancer, as quickly as that. I miss her every single day and will do for the rest of my days.

Although this year was tough, I kept busy and had a lot of highs.

I went to two beautiful weddings of some of my closest friends and several fantastic gigs including The Shires, Take That, Foo Fighters, Mumford & Sons, AC/DC and loads more. I also attended two fabulous festivals, Gentleman of the Road and Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival. I even got taken to my first ever Rugby match which has been something Ive wanted to do all my life. It was absolutely fantastic!

Ireland holds a special place in my heart this year. I spent my birthday at the beginning of the year in Dublin, celebrating my 21st and in October, myself and Bruce returned to Ireland and spent our time exploring Belfast. I absolutely love Ireland and we plan to return this year again.

The ladies Shinty Team took part in our first ever competitive season. It was the most fun Ive ever had for a long time. The laughs! We didn't come last either, Im so proud of us!

I started University! Its been an aim of mine since I left school. I started a course that I cant wait to properly sink my teeth into this year.

I got my first proper grown up job and I absolutely love it. Im following in my mams footsteps and could not be enjoying it more.

This year I have made it a promise to myself and of course to my mum that I am going to work harder than I ever have before, at University, with my hobbies and at my job. This year my head will stay down and I shall power on through with the hope that I can finally achieve some amazing things. I have a lot of exciting things planned for 2016 and I hope you all have some awesome things planned too, let me know below.

Thank you for reading lovelies and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Bring on 2016...

Amy x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig