Friday 29 January 2016

My Current Makeup Favs | January 2016 ♡

Its a new year, I felt it was time for me to try out some new makeup bits and bobs, so I did! Here are a few new items I have been given or picked up recently that I have been using day to day and loving.

Hope you enjoy ♡




I have been using Rimmel's BB Cream for so long now its just my go to. Recently I decided I wanted a little bit more coverage for nights out or special occasions that wasn't quite as pricey as my favourite Clinique foundation. I decided to try Rimmel's Wake Me Up Anti Fatigue Foundation in the shade Ivory seen as I love the concealer . It is a little dark for me but I love the coverage and it feels really light on the skin when I put my powder over the top.


I got given this Ted Baker London Lipstick in a gift set for my birthday. As well as the absolutely stunning packaging the product itself is super nice! I got six in the gift set but this one is my favourite.


Its a lovely pop of red shade that isn't completely matte as it has a wee shine to it. I have been wearing this with my new winter coat and orange toned tartan scarf and I feel it goes really well as a splash of colour. Just because christmas isn't here any more nothing beats a festive red lip.



Yes, I am very late to the bandwagon. In December I got my very first Urban Decay Naked Palette and I haven't looked back! I was given the Naked 2 as a present and I have been obsessed ever since. 


The Naked Palette comes with twelve different shades, a mixture of matte and shimmers. The pigmentation in the shadows are perfect, they are amazing to experiment with and I have become a right eye shadow girl. 


These three shade are my most used so far. Half Baked (far left), Chopper  and YDK.


Ive been getting really into doing my eyebrows. I didn't want to buy a super expensive product as Im just starting out doing them so went for the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown. I have a fringe so my eyebrows rant too important to me if I'm honest, but I have been getting it cut a wee bittie shorter lately and like having my eyebrows looking nice and tidy. 



Primer, Im now all about the primer these days. This Loreal Infallible Mattifying Base is amazing. It just goes on to your skin and instantly sinks in, you wouldn't know it was there. Its like silk! Primer is amazing as it keeps your makeup on for that bit longer and also gives you a great base to work from. 



These are just some of my favourite new products lately, let me know if you have bought or received any new exciting items for Christmas.

Happy Friday lovelies,

Amy x








SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I really want to try this foundation...but I find I buy so many! New foundations are my guilty pleasure!


    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/life-without-a-fun-sponge-lwfs-12298541

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha love it :) I'm getting really into trying new foundations lately, there are so many to try haha! This one is really nice though, and not too expensive! Xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to get the l'oreal base, is it worth getting?
    Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely <3
      Yeah I really love it, its so silky and once on you wouldn't know it was there. Its really not very expensive either, I would much rather use this than paying lots for a high end one, my makeup stays on throughout my work day fine when I wear it :) x

      Delete

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig