Thursday 2 April 2015

What Ive Been Listening Too | March 2015

Another month has come and gone and loads of new music has found its way into my life and iTunes playlists. Here are some of my favourite songs and album's I've been listening to this month.


The Band Perry have become my new favourite obsession. I heard them whilst staying over at my Grannies house, yes my Granny introduced me to them, how hip and trendy is she! The band consists of three siblings Kimberly, Reid and Neil Perry. They have had two albums to date but its their most recent one that caught my attention. Their album Pioneer is honestly one of the best albums I have bought in a while. It is mainly country based songs that range from almost rock anthems to beautiful ballads. The opening track on the album is the one I've been listening to most this month. Better Dig Two has been on repeat so much for me. The song is very dark, talking about wanting to die to be with your partner if they die before you and killing your partner if they do anything bad to you... very country western I guess? The song is just so incredible amazing though, very rock/country with incredible vocals from Kimberly who I think is fast becoming one of my favourite female performers.

The Band Perry - Pioneer Buy on ITunes Here.




Taylors latest album is still getting played on repeat for me. It's just too good to not listen too. I go through loads of different phases where I like certain songs the best and at the moment its Wonderland. This song gets so stuck in your head. The lyrics of the song explain a relationship thats heading down the wrong road, one thats really not working out but the couple are completely lost in each other. I love the words, Taylor has a really nice way of writing and this song is one of my favourites lyrically. The song actually sounds quite magical the way the piano is played lightly throughout. Its very drum heavy which makes the song build up and become quite epic. Taylor's vocals are pretty darn awesome on this track too, I feel like people need to appreciate how far she has come as an artist since the early days of Our Song and Tim McGraw.

Taylor Swift - 1989 : Buy on ITunes Here.


In the past year or so, everyone is talking about Sam Smith. His music has taken over the charts right around the world. He has even won Grammys and Brit Awards and nominated for many others.
This years Comic Relief/Red Nose Day song was Sam's song Lay Me Down featuring an appearance from John Legend. This song is just so beautiful. The words, the melody and the two voices are just so perfect together Sam's vocals during the chorus of this song blow me away, with the slight huskiness on some notes and the pitch perfect notes he hits, wow. Im thinking I may have to get his album, if anyone has it let me know what your think?!

Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour : Buy on ITunes Here.
Sam Smith - Lay Me Down (Ft. John Legend) Buy on ITunes Here.



Meghan Trainor is another star who's career has just exploded over the past few months. I love her style and after the release on her latest single Dear Future Husband I knew I had to get her album. Her debut album TITLE is honestly the most upbeat, cheery and happy album I have listened to in ages. Its very heavily inspired by 1950's and 60's music, from bubblegum pop to motown with hints of so many other genres mixed in too. Meghan's voice is also really lovely to listen too.  My favourite off the album is the title track... Title! Its so catchy, a quirky upbeat tempo and very ska-influenced. The lyrics of the song are her explaining how she wants her relationship to take the next step, that she wants to be known as a 'girlfriend' rather than just a lover. 

Meghan Trainor - TITLE Buy on ITunes Here.


One more for this month and its the lovely Jess Glynne. She's quite a new artist, you may know her from Clean Bandits hit song Rather Be. She has such a nice tone to her voice, very unique. Hold My Hand is the third single from her yet to be released debut album and is the first UK number one for Jess. Its an up tempo song with a very club vibe to it and really gets you into the mood for a night out.  I love dancing around to this one! The melody is really simple but so catchy and the words are so positive and inspiring. I cant wait to hear some more of Jess' music, her voice really has me hooked on her. 

Jess Glynne - Hold My HandBuy on ITunes Here.

Thank you for reading, let me know what music you have been enjoying this month and if you have enjoyed some of the same thing I have.

Amy x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. These are all great picks :) I too am absolutely in love with Taylor Swift's latest album. I just keep replaying it & replaying it! She's definitely come a long way.

    ReplyDelete

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig