Friday 23 January 2015

Barry M Nail Favourites


I am OBSESSED with Barry M nail polishes. My collection over the past 2/3 years has become pretty large! I hate going anywhere without having my nails painted, I used to work somewhere that I wasn't allowed to have painted nails and it drove me crazy! Today I thought I would give you a wee review of some of my favourites before my collection grows out of control!

Barry M have a huge range of nail polishes and are always coming out with new colours and collections. They have several different types of nail varnishes such as the Gelly ones, Matte, Textured, Glitter and standard nail paints.



The Gelly Collection

The Gelly Nails are probably some of the best of their kind. These varnishes are much thicker and are a high shine gel which leave an amazing splash of glossy colour on your nails. As a guitar player I find these polishes perfect as it takes a much longer time to wear the colour off or get them chipped. The gel makes the polish last a lot longer on your nails, I personally can get away with doing my nails with two coats of a Gelly polish and leave it on for around a week.


Some of my favourites colours for The Gelly Collection are (From Left to Right) Elderberry, Blue Grape, Lychee, Greenberry, Blueberry and Mango. I put on two coats of whichever one Im using and the colour is always just like it is on the bottle. I find if I paint my nails at night, when I wake the next morning its always settled even better.

Original Nail Paints

The original nail paints have some of my favourites too. The varnishes are not as bold in colour as the Gellys but still super duper beautiful! They too are also very good at staying on for a longer period of time compared to other varnishes I have tried. Each shade has a gloss in them so they have a shine just like the Gellys but not quick as thick. 


Some of my favourites from this collection include (from left to right) Matt White, Peach Melba, Strawberry, Mint Green, Berry and Bright Red. 


Glitters and Textures

For a wee night out, special occasion or just to glam up a boring outfit Barry M have some seriously awesome textured and glitter polishes. I admit I don't wear them as often as the others but when I do, I feel awesome! 

(From left to right) my favourites include Atlantic Road 2, BLE 2013 A, Atlantic 1, Fashion Icon, Pacific and BLE 2013 B.  They are so different to any other polishes that Barry M have, well worth experimenting with. 

My three favourite colours in my whole collection are, in third place, Matt White (far right below). I love pastel and neutral colours the best and this white nail varnish can go with any outfit. If I don't know what else to paint my nails I paint then Matt White! In second place, Lychee (middle below). Lychee is probably the most neutral colour you can get in the collection. I love it for everyday wear. Where I work I don't want over the top nail varnish so this is perfectly suited. 



My most favourite nail polish colour is Berry (Left of the above picture). I first discovered this shade when I needed a purple varnish to go with a dress I was wearing to a Shinty Dance. My boyfriend plays for Strathspey Camanachd who play in purple and when I went to my first dance with him I dressed in purple! Anyways, that's how I discovered Berry. It's a beautiful more Lilac shade that just makes your hands look really elegant and lady like. I wear this as often as I can. It's the only shade in my whole collection that I've had to buy again and again as I use it so much. Its so girly and just such a pretty colour that Im obsessed with!

The shade I'm wearing right now for a bit of a change is actually one from the Matte collection. It's a beautiful maroon red shade that's very wintery called Crush, perfect for this weather were having here in the highlands. I don't often wear really dark shades but I'm loving this right now. Its such a warm colour and coincidentally goes with all my wooly jumpers at the moment! 


Barry M is honestly my favourite nail polish collection out there, and trust me, I've tried many! Personally on my nails they stay on for a longer period of time  if you give them enough coats and if you put them on the night before, the next day they look fabulous!

You can buy Barry M nail polishes from several sites including:

Barry M: http://www.barrym.com
ASOS: http://www.asos.com/search/barry-m?q=barry+m
Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=barry+m
Superdrug: http://www.superdrug.com/b/Barry%20M#.VMF9VV6oVuY
TESCO: http://www.tesco.com/direct/search-results/results.page?catId=4294967294&searchquery=barry+m&SrchId=4294967294&_requestid=2276598

You can always find the nail polishes from at least £2.99 up to £4.00.
Remember to check out their makeup range also which is amazing value for money.

Thank you reading, have a lovely day!

Amy x












SHARE:

1 comment

  1. nice collection! love the crush shade!
    following you on bloglovin' and twitter. hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig