Friday 30 January 2015

What Ive Been Listening Too | January 2015

Music is my life, It really is. I always have my phone or iPod with me and I am constantly clearing memory to add more music! I thought I would write a wee post telling you lot what I've been listening to most this month. Ive made a few new discoveries and embraced some old choons too!

The first song I have been listening to non stop this month is 'Afire Love' by the wonderful Ed Sheeran. This is a beautiful song released on Ed's second album X released in June of 2014. Its the final song on the album, a perfect ending. 


This song has a very special place in my heart, as It does with my boyfriend. Ed wrote the song about his Grandfather who he lost to Alzheimers Disease in late 2013. The song is Ed sharing his understanding of his Grandfathers suffering and him trying to understand it when he was younger.  The chorus is his Grandfather talking to his Grandmother about how much he loves her, the words are just truly beautiful. The song makes me very emotional, but the way he has written it and the words he has used it makes it so perfect. I have hardly gone a day without listening to this song and we also listen to the album in the car, skipping straight to this song!

The second song I have been listening to throughout January is 'Love Child' by Rebecca Clements.
Rebecca is an up and coming British Indie singer and songwriter. She hasn't released much music yet but by what Ive heard from her, she's going to be amazing! 


Love Child is a very smooth ballad, driven mainly by her powerful vocals. Her voice is so unique and strong, It draws you in and makes you listen to her words. It starts with just her vocals and guitar, getting you hooked on the song immediately. The song builds up and becomes such a mesmerising 
sound. I can't wait to hear some more from Rebecca this year.

Another cracking song Ive been enjoying is 'Up' by Olly Murs and the lovely Demi Lovato. This song comes from Olly's fourth album Never Been Better. Anything Demi Lovato does, I love, and this is just suuuuuuch a good song! It reached number 4 on the UK singles chart. 


I first herd Demi and Olly performing this on the XFactor, they were fantastic! Its a up beat pop song with a cracking bass line. Olly and Demi's voice go so well together, its a duet that Im so happy has happened! The lyrics are so lovely. Its about someone who has obviously hurt someone or broken someones heart and they are trying to apologise and prove their love is the meant to be. This song makes me so happy and cheery when I hear it. I don't yet have Ollys album but as soon as I'm paid, Its mine!

Next up is a song by P!nk. This is one off of the last album she released in 2012 called The Truth About Love called 'True Love'.  

This song is actually an old obsession of mine that has come back into my life this January and Im once again obsessed. I love the lyrics of this song how she is talking about how much her husband drives her round the bend but that she's loves him and wouldn't have him any other way. Im sure every lady with a special man in her life can relate, right? Its an up beat rock/pop song with P!nks vocals just as awesome as ever. Featuring on this track is the lovely Lily Allen, her first little comeback before her main comeback with her last album. Her voice sounds so sweet on this track.  This song is so catchy, bet it gets stuck in your head! 

The last song Im going to recommend you listen to as I haven't stopped this month is Style by Taylor Swift. Its off her fabulous new album 1989 which has loads of great songs on it.


This song is one of the songs off the album thats reportedly about Harry Styles, very cleverly done Miss Swift! I love the sound of this song, its so guitar and synth driven, such a laid back sound. I love her vocals in it too and the lyrics are spot on with revealing enough but not to much about her and the lovely Mr Styles. Her whole album is amazing though and if you don't have it  I would suggest you give it a listen!

I think that will do for just now, I could go on for hours telling you all my favourites but I think you would get fed up reading! Im going to do this every month so Im looking forward to making some new discoveries in February.   

Please give the songs Ive showed you a listen, they are all so good and I recommend them to you all!

Thank you for reading! Let me know some of your favourites?!

Amy x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig