Monday 26 January 2015

Ellie Goulding | 50 Shades of Grey

February 13th, Valentines Eve, will see the release of 50 Shades of Grey the movie.

The 50 Shades collection written by E.L James took over the book world during 2011/12. They outsold J.K Rowlings famous Harry Potter collection, for some bizzarre reason, and were praised by many right around the world. 

I myself read the first book in the series..that was enough for me! I didn't go on to read the final two but I've heard the first book is the best anyway. 

So on Valentines Eve 2015 the eagerly awaited movie is coming out. Along with the film is a soundtrack that I'm actually surprised how good it is. One song in particular by my most favourite lady, Ellie Goulding.




Ellie has performed a song written by Savan Kotecha for the film called Love Me Like You Do. Its a beautiful love ballad jazzed up by Ellie's unique style. It's a very simple tune brought to life with drums and synths. Her vocals as per are almost angelic and beautifully suited to the feel of the song. The lyrics are Ellie describing her love for someone, wanting them to always love them just like they always have and will, in my opinion the words are stunningly beautiful.




Although I'm not intending in seeing the film as I would just be far to embarrassed at some of the things I know are going to happen, I can't wait to hear some of the other songs included on the soundtrack from artists such as Beyonce, SIA, Annie Lennox and Jessie Ware.





The soundtrack is out February 10th on iTunes for £10.99 and 50 Shades of Grey will be in cinemas February 13th.

Amy x



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. ive never read the books and the film doesnt really appeal to me either, but the song is great! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/sunday-thoughts.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was just a bit over the top for me! Haha. It is isn't it!! xx

      Delete

© Amy Jennifer Taylor. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig